Re: tire pressure

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 09:04:18 EST

> > > "You're kinda overinflating, especially with the
> > > 31x10.5s.
>
> Are you serious? The tire says to run 'em at 50psi. I know that
> manufacturer's aren't always right. But what psi is best for what
> application. I'm running 31x10.5 BFG A/T.
> Thanks, JAKE

My BFG AT KOs say on the tire, max pressure is 50PSI.....once again this is
max. For a better ride, and better traction, I have been running my BFGs at
37 PSI this entire winter. The info panel on the driver's side door jam says
to run LT235s at 35 psi in my truck. So if your truck came with 31s, check
your door jam to see what the recommended PSI is, otherwise just play around
with the PSI and run it 10-15 PSI lower and experiment on what you like. I
will probably go up to 40 PSI once the winter breaks. My last set of tire,
Dunlop Radial Rover RVs, I ran all the time at 50 PSI(except when 4wheelin)
and they lasted 52,000 miles.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6