RE: WAS: Hardwiring my radar detector NOW: Overhead wiring

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 09:43:35 EST

My 98 Dak did not have a console at all so there was no wiring preinstalled.
As for whether there may be wires preinstalled for the computer in the
overhead console with just the lights, garage door opener, and sunglass
holder, I would assume not also. To add the trip computer is quite
expensive as you will need all the necessary wiring harness along with the
computer. At least a couple hundred bucks. If I recall correctly the
lights in the overhead console are wired directly to the light in the
headliner so they come on when the doors are opened.

Ken