Re: Intake Tube Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 23:12:17 EST

> Kyle- I can't comment on the IP pipe, as I have the Quick D and yes it is
> metal. Not sure off the top of my head if it is 3 or 3.5" OD though, Tony
> could tell you I'm sure. As I stated earlier the Ram tube fits great in a
Gen
> II truck....
> The ONLY problem I have is I need to fab up a heat shield, as when I am
> rockcrawling on the trails with little forward velocity, the filter seems
> pulls air from the hot surrounding air of the engine bay (as opposed to
when
> driving, cold air is forced to the filter through the grille
> opening)...anyways, the truck came close to overheating. Only happened a
> couple times, low range on the trails though, never in normal driving...

Dave,
Could you do me a huge favor? Or anyone on the list?? I would really really
really appreciate it if someone could measure their QuickD intake tube. I am
looking for the length of the tube before the bend and the length of the
tube after the bend. I am also looking for the degree of the bend in the
tube.
Dave, I know now that you have the Ram intake tube, and would love it if I
could get the measurements on a variety of QuickD intake tubes, Dakota,
Durango, Ram. I emailed John at Intense Performance and he was extremely
nice and fast, and he gave me the full specs on his intake tube. I would
like to 'gather' the info from QuickD and I.P. and do some measurements on
my truck to determine which intake tube will fit the best. Thanks to anyone
who can help me out.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6