Re: Ok, decision time, need some input

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 17:13:36 EST

I do not know, This is a tough one that I have delt with in the past. I guess it all has to do with the funds. I am a very cheap person ( I can hold a penny so tight that I push out a second one.) This is what I have done in the past.

It sound like you do alot of your own wreching.
I would buy them both and fix the v-6 truck and sell it (Any truck that runs is 1200 dollars around here and they do not last long) You put a few dollars in your pocket and have a V-8 Daktoa. then take the shebly and fix it and sell it then you have more money for your 408. Or just keep the shebly and drive it. For the couple of dollars you are going to have into it you should be able to make a good amount of money off it.

BUT....
I do not know you money or free time. I seem to have one or the other. Alot of money and no time or no money and lots of time.

I bought a CJ two years ago that had drivable promblems. Took about 10 hours to fix and clean up. I paid 2200 dollars and sold it for 5800. That paid for the wife's ring.

Bought a Jet-boat in the middle of winter and sold it in july had alot of fun running it and made about 1500 dollars off it. That paid for the Chevelle and a few parts.

So if you have a few hours and want to make some money do it. But if you have alot of money and do not have the time. Leave it alone. Nothing worse then have two broke truks sitting next to your house for a year or two.

If you still want to do it make sure that you look them over very closely and make sure that you do not need to put alot of money in to them to make them run. But from the sounds of it they do not.

Just my thought's
I have only got 12 hours till I am off work
Matt Tharp