Re: off subject---Texas 7 caught !!

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 11:50:07 EST

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:15:10 -0700, magnum318@uswest.net ("Tim")
wrote:

>The last 2 convicts of the Texas 7 were caught today in Colorado Springs---3
>miles from my home.---We can all rest tonite knowing the police have done a
>great job of going after the bad guys. The other 5 were caught in Woodland
>Park, which is 15 miles West of Colorado Springs..
> Tim R.

You know, I guess it all depends on definitions and perspective, but I
wouldn't call finally catching up with these clowns after six weeks of
searching exactly doing a "great job". Most escapees are caught within
hours of escaping. Put out enough publicity and chase down enough
leads and it was almost inevitable that *someone* would find them. Not
that I'm not grateful they weren't caught, but the cops did no more
than an ordinary job here.
97 V6 Auto
e-mail mcrumley@airmail.net

Look at the bright side -- in 10 years there will be radio
stations playing classic rap.