RE: shift kit - Philip G

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 12:42:53 EST

Hey Philip,

I had the Trans-go installed in April of last year - purchased from Summit.

I was going to install it myself (I did older mopars before), but after
reading the instructions and watching the video, I figured why bother.
Since I work in the Kalihi area, I checked with Kalakaua Trans (Alan) who
put it in - can't remember what I paid I think it was around $175.00 to
install. This was there first Trans-go install on a +'97Dakota, so they
installed the shift-kit with a "street" set-up (smaller drilled holes), but
ended up taking it all apart and redrilling to the "strip" set-up (larger
drilled holes). The shifts are firmer, but not as hard as I thought it
would be. I was expecting "chirps" between shifts, but can't get it to
chirp - well, that may be because I have a 5.2. Maybe with your 5.9 you'd
get better results.
I understand that the computer controls the shifts to some degree, so there
may be improvements with the Mopar PCM - if you decide to get one.

I have the Jet Stage II chip with no noticeable (shifting) difference.
So...I'm thinking of getting the Mopar PCM my next mod. The only problem
for me is that there is none for '97 5.2 Auto, except the California one
(Emissions) although over the DML, I've heard that it is better than stock.

Well e-mail me any time off-line with any questions.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC 5.2 Auto