Re: 4 BANGER

From: yummy (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 00:38:15 EST

ARubstello@aol.com wrote:

> I have a 1998 2.5 liter 4 cylinder dakota, 2wd. Does anybody know of a way
> to get more power, short of buying a new truck with a real engine. All the
> exhaust companies I have contacted don't make anything for this small of an
> engine.

  The AirRaid cold-air intake for the V6 works on the I4. I have Firewire 8.5
mm sparkplug wires, also. And for the exhaust, just go buy a performance
muffler of about the same size, with the correct size pipes, and have any
local reputable exhaust garage install it. I have all these things, and the
damn thing has a serious growl now when I punch it, especially from 2000 to
3000 rpm. More noise came from the intake than from the exhaust...
  All these things only get you a few percent here and there, but every little
bit helps, and they do add up! ;)

William
'97 Dak 2.5L