98 44RE shift kit install help PLEASE!!!!

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 21:14:15 EST

I decided to install my Superior Technologies shift kit this evening, or at
least get a good start on it. I'm to the point of pulling the valve body out
of the tranny. I have all of the bolts that hold it in removed and VB is
ready to come out save one problem. How do I disconnect the shift linkage
from it? I don't see anything inside the tranny that holds it on the linkage
but do see a bolt that holds the arm to the shaft on the outside of the
tranny. Is this what I need to remove? Please help before I take the bolt
out only to find it wasn't the right one and I really screw the linkage
geometry up. Can anyone with a 98 FSM scan and send me the pages that show
how to pull the VB? If not, can someone give me a brief write up on how to
disconnect the linkage?

Thank you very much in advance,
John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil