Re: Flipping the Rear Axle

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 22:48:15 EST

> Hey Folks,
> I think it's been about 5k miles since I installed my Fabtech lift ---and
> I'm really happy w/ the front end.
> Simply put, the rear end sucks.
> I'm fairly disapointed with both the lift and performance of the
> add-a-leaf "system" . I kinda expected it, but.... we all make mistakes.
>

> So............ I've decided to flip the axle and live happily ever after.
> Have any of you done this? Any problems encountered??
> BTW I have an 8.25" LSD w/ 4.10 gears.

Yeah most people dont like the add-a-leaf either. If you want a lift, more
rear suspension travel, better 'handling', and even increased loading
capacity, I would highly recommend checking into having a custom spring pack
made with the lift you want built in. They leaf spring shops can custom
build the lift you want, how much payload you want, etc. DO many thin leaves
instead of a few thick leaves, and this should make the ride nice and comfy
and give you some grate articulation. I priced custom rear packs one time
and I was told $450. Call around and check.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6