RE: RE: Re: RE: Just when you thought NASCAR was safe from compet ition....

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 07:45:52 EST

Remember that the template is used down the centerline of the car and across
the hood in 1 location (I think it's at the axle). All of the "shaping" the
teams do is done on the fenders in front of the template location - rounded
off for low drag, flattened across the top for down force. This is all the
teams can play with anymore since this year the adjustable wing is gone, now
it's simply a welded on piece.

Dodge had all of their cars at the Detroit Auto Show and they look great!!!
All I am saying is there is the template between the Phoard and the Dodge
are very similar. The T'rus has a little more crown in the hood than the
I'rid, but that's it. (Remember the Chevvy boys pitchin' a fit about the
better aerodynamics when they dropped the T'bird for the T'rus?)

I am glad the Petty family is back with us! Back where they belong.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil1!