Re:4 Cyl Gas Mileage? / Tach ideas

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 16:40:13 EST

Alek, that sounds like 318, 5 speed mileage. Mine gets
20.1 mpg (60) down to 18 mpg (70). I've heard of I-4s in
the 24-26 mpg range.

GS -

Hey folks -

Quick question for those of you with the 2.5L I4
trucks - what is your average gas mileage? I've
had my truck for two fillups now and have gotten
19.8 MPG and 19.6 MPG. Needless to say, I'm not
incredibly impressed.

I probably rev the engine more than necessary
[no real way to tell, no tach*] but I would think
it should at least get 22-23 MPG. What's the
word, folks?

* = Speaking of, in the next few months I plan on
adding a tach. Any suggestions? Aftermarket, or
try to get one from a junkyard? If aftermarket,
any mounting location ideas?

Thanks everyone!

- --
Alek Benedict with a techno beat<<