RE: shift kits

From: aaron (aaro@enteract.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 11:48:10 EST

The stock setup is designed to give the softest shift possible and still be
reliable but if you and hp the trans shifts to slow and won't last. Shift
kits are all do the same thing; most give you a few options mild to wild.
Your trans is a 42re or 44re (they are basically the same and "Trans go"
doesn't list them separate .I the only one I've found for the "RE" is trans
go and if you use one for a earlier trans you my have problems. Mopar
performance doesn't have one for this trans they do have one for the "RH"
but the trans is slightly different. Trans go kits come with a video, nice
if you plan to do this your self. I have not been able to find the "RE" kit
online just call a Trans go dealer. If the kit you get does not have an
accumulator spring and tells you to run without one, take it back and buy
another brand. I've heard B&M kits don't work will with this trans. One
option to a shift kit is a performance valve body and they work better in
some cases like 450+ hp and strip only.
Aaron