RE: shift kits

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 13:21:20 EST

I just installed a shift kit from Superior Technologies. They use the same
shift kit for all A500 through A618's as they have the same valve body. The
kit is specified to work on everything up to and including 1998 models,
which are RE, which is what I have. The install was painless from the
standpoint of modifying the VB it self. Getting that thing in and out
without instruction on how to do it was another story, but I got it done
without any extra bolts left over. It does not instruct you to remove the
accumulator spring. The only item removed from the tranny that didn't go
back in or be swapped was a single check ball. In all, I replaced 5 springs,
replaced the plastic rings on the accumulator with steel or iron rings
supplied, drilled out 5 holes in the separator plate, drilled one hole in
the upper VB plate and cut one exhaust port also in the upper VB plate. The
instructions were very clear on how to do everything even without the video.
There was nothing that needed to be done to the electrical controls as the
Transgo kits does. I think I'm still working air bubbles out of the VB so I
can't give too much of an impression on the results, but I believe it's
doing what I want it to. Plus, if I want it to shift firmer, I can adjust
one spring with the VB in the truck after dropping the pan.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers and computer, F&B TB, Gibson
cat back, MSD 6A and Blaster SS coil, Superior Technologies shift kit.

>I the only one I've found for the "RE" is transgo and if you use one for a
earlier trans you my have problems. Mopar