Re: Maintance Required Question

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 19:20:26 EST

My '88 did this to me at 60k. My haynes manual said to jumper 2 terminals
on a blue box... I just pulled the box out... never saw that light again...
HeHe... All Bernd's influence....

Chris

>Ray,
> I don't know about the milage theory. I personally have never had any
> vehicle throw a code at me because of it passing a certain mark on the
> odometer. But, as I said in an earlier response my dak has only had the
> Maintenance Required light come on due to something being wrong with the
> Emmisions. Also, the Maint.Reqd. fault code will NOT go away without
> having your computer reset by a scanner. If you don't know of any
> shop(that you trust) $55-$75 is usually what you will pay at any
> dealership. On the other hand when I was having problems I found a local
> shop that was willing to do the Diagnostic for only $40. Which was a
> relief to me because I had to take the dak in to find out what the
> problem was, get the problem fixed, and then take it back to have the
> code cleared. Needless to say it got rather expensive. Anyways, I hope
> this helps.
>
>Wes
>91' CC 4x4 318ci

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm