Bucking/Loss of Power

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Jan 28 2001 - 20:14:58 EST

Kyle,

You running good plug wires in it? our old 88 would do this ever 10k or so
until I went with the accel 8.8mm wires from the el'cheapo 7mm ones...
Check the coil... try replacing it with a $30 coil and see if it makes it
better... if not you could also try hooking up 2 wires for a digital volt
meter to measure voltage across the coil pos, neg terminals when it acts up
and then compare this to when it is not acting up. I have heard of gen i's
burning up wiring harnesses.... hope this helps.

Chris

>OK now onto another question. What would cause 'bucking' while driving at
>highways speeds? The truck acted today(and other times as well) like it
>wanted to stall/die two times, because it briefly lost power, but never
>died. Almost like a backfire jerking situation, without the backfiring
>noise. Would a failing ignition coil cause any of this? How about a failing
>battery? I am going to test the battery tomorrow and see what I find out. I
>really have no clue what else to look for or do. No fault codes are stored
>also. Hopefully by mid week I will have my hands on a Auto Xray scanner to
>tell me more. I can only hope the scanner finds something, or off the
>mechanic to truck goes.
>Kyle
>93 Dakota 4x4 V6

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Quick D Intake
http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm
In Action: http://www.dakota2.4mg.com/scca.htm