RE: Re: DML : New Dakota

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 09:05:07 EST

There's plenty of mods available for the 3.9L engine. For an inexpensive
(but effective) start, replacing the factory muffler with a DynoMax (2.5"
IN/ 2.5" OUT) works wonders and also sounds much better. On the K&N Filter,
check out Tony (QuickD): http://www.quickd.com.

If you plan on doing more than just that to that truck, wait until at least
after 3000 miles. The reason for this is to let your truck "break in" (not
just the engine either) and to be able to find any possible problems (and
let the dealer take care of them). But...you can do whatever you
like...that's just a personal recommendation. :)

Congrats on the new Dak!

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net