RE: RE: Ram-Air Hood vs. Z-Tube/QuickD

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 00:11:03 EST

Correct, I fully understand they don't really develop any pressure, and even
if they did it would be at speeds that are well above the highways speeds I
mostly travel. I use the term ram-air because that is how they are
advertised and referred to as well by the manufacturers. However, there are
HP/mileage gains to be had with cold air, I think that is pretty clear.
With the 68mm TB and virtually no bends etc to restrict the airflow,
combined with the fact that I'd be getting the coolest air available, I
think there are some definite benefits to be had.

I was hoping someone actually had one and a dyno sheet, but maybe I'll have
to be the guinea pig on this one..

/Curt