RE: Re: DML Re: All natural 13's!!! My Specs

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 18:04:47 EST

The Motor Trend test drivers (and Road and Track) apparently don't know how to
drive on the track...or...they ran into the same "anomolies" that a lot of the
R/T people have run into. Two identical trucks...one runs a 15.4 and the other
runs a 14.8...BONE STOCK.

>From my "Shop Days", cars like the Mazda RX7/Turbo were another prime example
of "anomolies"...two identical makes and models...one can't get out of its own
way and the other will throw you in the back seat under acceleration.

My old shop boss has a 1999 SS/SLP Camaro that runs 13.2's consistently...but
that's not the results that Motor Trend got at the track...(Go figure).

Test reports in the magazines are rather narrow on the overall specs. They
don't take into consideration that there will be faster and slower vehicles of
the same make/model.

Look at the V6 Dakota articles....17.8's??? There's been several people who
have run 16.9 - 17.3's...BONE STOCK.

Keep reading the magazines...they're full of great stuff, but don't believe
everything you read.

- Bernd