RE: Gas mileage to crap?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 08:40:30 EST

I'd have to see that to believe it Shane...40 degrees or less (for the
actual engine block) is very cold. Plus, once you start the engine, it
doesn't take long at all for the block to start heating up.

If you have any smoke coming out of the tailpipe...there's something wrong.
Black Smoke= Rich and White could be either Oil or Water (Depending on the
tint and smell of the white smoke). If you're referring to the steam from
the hot exhaust hitting the cold (40 or below) air...you can see that even
when you're engine has been running for more than 10 minutes.

On the engine temperature issue...we'll have to agree to disagree.

BTW: On the algorithms....that just saved me from some excessive research
(MAF Meter and MAP Formulas). I'll explain in detail later but the next
project, which is already in progress, requires some programmable logic for
the "conversion". It's too early to tell how the truck will respond...but
it look promising (in the lab).

Regards,

- Bernd