Re: DML Digest V4 #3220: Tonneau Covers

From: Robert D. Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 19:38:31 EST

Paul, I've got a VersaCap on the DAKSY. Ordered it from SnowBear out of
Canada. Heavy duty steel.It has key locks and a tailgate lock mechanism. It
"Gull Wings" (opens from either side independently) or you can unclamp it
and open it from the middle. There are crossmembers which are raised when it
is in this position which will support 500 lbs & can be used for a canoe or
long lengths of lumber when I'm building decks. Weighs about 350 lbs., tho.
Took me 6 hours to install. When I talked to Emmerich @ Snowbear, he told me
that he's seen the locals putting snowmoblies on it in the closed position.
You can see it on my DAKSY page or either Chuck Robbins or Josh Stolarz
pages @ the Lebanon Valley Mopar meet.

 Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4