Re: All batteries created equal? Think not - kinda long - no really - loooonnggg

From: Matt Thar (henryrollins@springmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 02:20:36 EST

WILL is the man I feel inlighted by your speech. I agree with what you had to say about the batteries. I think there are only a couple of battery manfacters left. Exide, interstate and someone else(pansoinc???). They might have diffrent labels but they are the same. I could be wrong. I know that I have had very good luck with interstate and that is all I run anymore. I do not know much about the GEL stuff. One thing I can say is heat kills batteries. Most manfacters put covers on there batteries. They are there for a reason leave them on the new ones. It helps keep the battery cool. and make sure that you battery is held down tight. I have seen batterys get caught in the motor NOT PRETTY. I think most of the stuff I have to say is common sense stuff.

MOST IMPORTANT:

Always wear safty glasses when working on the battery or around them. I work with a guy who had one blow up on him. It sounded like a shot gun. He did not do anything to cause it. He got a couple of burns from it and wasted a set of Glasses but it is better to replace a 5 dollar set of glasses then to go blind.

Thanks WIll
Well better get back to work. I have alot to do in the next couple of hours

Matt Tharp