RE: Re: RE: Truck Stalling Update!!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 23:06:20 EST

That's really weird Kyle...ya got me.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Kyle Kozubal
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 9:19 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: RE: Truck Stalling Update!!

> Just out of curiosity...has anyone checked the fuel sock in the tank? You
> mentioned that it stalls at idle. I've seen this happen in the past (not
on
> a Dodge truck) where the fuel sock is plugged up just enough to not allow
> enough fuel at idle (lower fuel pressure) but seems to work fine at higher
> rpm's (higher fuel pressure).

Bernd,
The gas tank was just steamed and degreased, done by a local radiator shop
this last time when I installed the new fuel pump assembly. The pump has
only been on a week or so. The truck was having problems before and after
the new pump assembly was put in. There has never been any dirt accumulation
either in the pump assembly's 'sock'. The fuel filter, which is external on
my truck, was also changed when I did the pump. I thought maybe something
became dis-lodged when I put the tank/pump back in, thus plugging the new
filter I just put on. So I paid another $15 and installed another fuel
filter. Truck still acted up. This whole stumbling and stalling issue is
odd, isnt it??
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6