Re: Wheels for drag slicks

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 14:51:50 EST

"mike d." wrote:

> makes a drag
> radial that will fit I think but I was really wanting something stickier<<
>
> Hey Shane,
> look into the Nitto Drag radials, and also don't be afraid to go all out
> with some big ol' nasty Mickey's up under there =)

I looked at the Nittos - and drool over the new pro-street drag series - but I
have been so pleased with my CompTAs that I don't want to risk getting worse.
I just love the sidewall strength of the BFGs. This is all still within the
realm of 17in possibilities...

On the other hand - w/some MT's I could get pretty wicked like you mentioned
and thats more of the look I'm after 8-). I like the selection that 15in
sizes give me in a wheel tho so I can set the tires off with a great looking
(deep) wheel.

Ultimately - I would like to have my factory (spare) rims widened to 10-14in
with some full-drag MT's to match. Problem is I'm pretty sure MT (or any
other strictly-drag slick manufacturer) don't make much if any 17in slicks.

What the hell - give me two sets of widened factory wheels - one set with the
Nitto Pro-Streets and one set w/full-on slicks 8-)).

<hears faint song of "If you build it....they will come..." ringing in ears>

Sigh,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"