Re: Anemic I4s [was RE: I4->V8?]

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 15:22:43 EST

In a message dated 2/2/2001 11:24:36 PM Central Standard Time,
alek@earthling.net writes:

<< Well, another truck is out of the questions as far as the
 budget goes 'til I get out of college. So I guess I now
 ask the question, what would it take to make my I4 Dak
 less anemic? I don't like not being able to merge because
 I can't get up to speed fast enough, it's very frustrating. >>

I don't have any problems getting up to speed in either of mine.. shift
later.. rev higher.. open the exhaust a bit for some extra upper rpm
power. autolites, and set up a fresh air kit on it.. and there are bigger
cams available for the 2.5's.
And... Keep the extra BS out of the bed of the truck.

Aaron
95 RC Sport 2.5 5 Spd
94 RC WS 2.5 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo