Re: Car Stereo Install

From: Jim (mdewjunkie1@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 21:42:23 EST

You have some weird colors going on lets see I think it goes like this but
double check me. Call a local radio place that does sound systems and ask
them.

Black w/ yellow = ground
Pink = illumination
Red w/ white= Ignition
Orange = Battery

The radio doesn't have a sticker telling you? or in the oweners book?

Jim Nolin
A Pink, Black w/ yellow,orange, and red w/white.

My first try was:
Black w/ yellow=ground
pink=Switched power
red w/ white= constant power
and I put the orange as illumination with the switched power
this worked but I noticed it kept my dash lights on constantly.

So then I yanks the orange out of the switched power. this blew my Stereo
and dash lights fuse.

So now I pull out my multimeter. It appears, Orange is negative...
Any clues here??
thanks