Re: Re: Re: Age Old Oil Question

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 23:17:27 EST

I get 4 qts of Mobil 1 10w30 for $15.00
My local oil change place,w/my oil & a pennzoil filter adds $12.00

for $27.00 i get synthetic protection

At Valoline Instant Oil Change,they want $23.99...

I rest my case.

>From: "Tim Berry" <coolva1@home.com>
>To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: Re: Re: Age Old Oil Question
>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 21:11:55 -0500
>
>When I pulled my stock intake off, I'd say ~45000 miles, it was pretty
>varnished....
>I try to use Mobil 1 when I have the cash... when I dont, I use havoline
>10-30 and phram filter... (less than 9 bux fer an oil change) but the Mobil
>change is ~35 with their filter....
>*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
>Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
>Chesapeake, VA
>Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91
>296.8HP / 349.0TQ (SAE Corrected)
>*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
> > I've used both in various vehicles. Though I haven't done an engine
>teardown
> > to really see what the differences are, I can tell you that after 60000
> > looking down
> > into the valve cover through the oil filler I saw *no* deposits on the
> > vehicles I ran
> > synthetics in. the rockers, springs, etc, looked like the day they
>rolled
> > off the
> > assembly line. Using dino juice, the same parts always had a varnish on
>them
> > after
> > 60000.

David Digney
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
SCWD Model Contest Chairman(South Central Wisconsin Division)
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...Magnum Power!"