Evernham's team

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 12:38:30 EST

Evernham's team will get a small head start in Daytona
(AP) - Ray Evernham will bring a brand new team and a couple of the new
Dodge Intrepids to the season-opening Daytona 500. Thanks to driver Bill
Elliott, though, he'll get a little head start on some of the other teams in
the Feb. 18 race. That's because Elliott qualified to run in next Sunday's
Budweiser Shootout -- a made-for-TV race contested among the previous year's
pole-winners and the leaders of second-round qualifying. That race is
annually the first head-to-head competition of the stock car season. "We'll
be guaranteed to be the first Dodge team in a competitive race, and that's a
big plus for my guys here," Evernham said Saturday in a telephone press
conference. "On top of that, I think we can learn some things about how the
Dodge is actually going to draft and cool and what our horsepower and things
are like. It should, hopefully, get us a little bit of a head start for the
(Twin) 125s (qualifying races)."

Greg
NE# 3779
2K1 Neon ES