Multispeed Ratios

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 05:56:32 EST

Does anybody know the ratios of the 2000 Multispeed tranny???

Knowing other mopar ratios I guessed
2.74
1.54
1.00
0.69

I didn't know what to guess for the alternative 2nd gear used for
downshifts.

I plugged this into a spreadsheet I just did to determine MPH at a given
RPM and Gear. The answers came back with too high of MPH. Now obviously,
I have an automatic and there is some slippage, especially at full throttle
(what I care about!). But how much? The converter in my truck is DAMN
tight (low stall speed).

My current chart with 3.92 axle ratio and 27.01" diameter tires has an
indicated MPH of 45 at 6100. But I hit the rev limiter while autocrossing
at about 35mph. And I thought I was hitting the rev limiter at about
6000-6100.

My chart also shows 65mph@2200rpm in OD. I'll have to check the actual
number tomorrow, but that sames way off! I don't think I did anything
wrong with my spreadsheet, but I can't get the numbers for the Dakota and
the Intrepid to make sense. The Cuda numbers match what I got off the
handy dandy Moroso calculator. I just can't find that now to check the new
cars out....

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage