Update on truck + Cat

From: William H. Hiatt III (william@hiatt.net)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 18:46:06 EST

Well, it turned out the dealer says it was the Left precat. Gots me, but
it sure didn't sound like the left precat, that's for sure. Thanks for all
the help. The dealer sends it out to a muffler/exhaust shop for the cat
work, but my question is this. I have a catback custom exhaust, and
they're going to have to cut right behind the cat, because it's a whole
new manifold type unit (Bolts up to the exhaust manifolds, and includes
all 3 cats). What should I look out for. Since it's a shop, I take it
they'd weld all around and over again where the cat hook to the pipe to my
muffler. Also, the service writer said "We might charge you like $30
because of the exhaust being there, and they might have to do some
welding" Should I just say bullshit to this, and make them pay, since
emissions is under 80,000 mile warranty? Thoughts. Thanks.

william
P.S. Could this also be while my mileage is pretty low (11.5MPG)?