Re: Tach-less

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 22:57:29 EST

At 07:37 PM 2/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone put a tach into their manual 97 and up dakota. I have a manual 98
>4cyl 2.5L and would like a tach. Is their a tach hook up somewhere or does
>it take some creative tinkering. Any help would be appreciated.

4 wire hookups will do ... tach signal input comes from the coil or tap
into running
to the tach signal output pin of the computer (need FSM or equiv. to
locate), power to
the tach, ground from the tach, and power for the tach backlight.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG