Watch those intakes!

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 09:52:19 EST

This weekend, I noticed my QuickD intake was starting to slide off the
airhat. I pushed it back up into position, no big deal. Yesterday,
while driving to a training class, I noticed a rattling coming from the
engine. Sounded weird. When I arrived, I popped the hood and found my
intake sitting on the fender and valve cover! I ran w/o a filter for
probably 3-4 miles. I loosened up the clamp closest to the hat, pushed
it back on, and tightened it down with the screwdriver on my Gerber
Multi-Tool, as I was in a hurry and couldn't dig out a proper
screwdriver.

So this morning, before striking out for class, I decided to pop the
hood. The intake was almost off again! I pulled out a real
screwdriver and took about 5 minutes to reassemble the whole thing.
Seems solid now, I checked when I arrived and it's still in one piece.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm going to fab up a brace for it very
soon, once I can find the materials and any tools I might need. In the
meantime everyone, keep an eye on your cold-air intakes!

=====
-andy