RE: RE: FWD vs.RWD

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 20:48:00 EST

I don't think so...

Drivetrain power loss is the same... the difference comes with weight
transfer; when you accelerate, the weight transfer is toward the rear,
pulling weight from the front which can cause tire slippage under
power...rear wheel drive can utilize more power due to this... that is why
most supercars are RWD, or AWD...

FWD and RWD are functionally identical.... the main difference is how they
are placed...

Later,
Tom "Slick"