Re: apc's speed glo dash gauges

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 00:42:12 EST

Chad, I have the APC white faces in my truck, and I just put APC speed-glo's
in my buddy's '99 silverado. My white faces were a bitch to put in, but they
did line up and look right.On the other hand, the speed glo's I did this
past weekend in the silverado were not the same story.They were much easier
to put in, but they did not turn out as well.The tow/haul,e-brake,abs,and
service engine soon lights didn't line up.When the lights come on, they show
up, but the letters are off and the light only shines through some of the
places in the speed glo face.One other thing we noticed a problem with(I
don't know if you've ever driven a silverado,if not, this might not make
sense) is that where the luminescent mileage/gear selection indicator is, it
is now extremely hazy and you can see the gear indicator during the day,but
not well.At night, forget about seeing anything in that area. We didn't have
to cut out any of the guage stops.I contacted APC about the problems we had
with their junk and they were not at all helpful.Hope this helps,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html