Re: 4.7L 5SPD Stalling - Fixed Maybe? - Not!

From: Rob S (robert.schultz.no.spam@excite.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 12:57:23 EST

Well the truck was in last week for a couple of things:

1. Noise in rear springs
2. Idle sag when clutch in
3. Power door lock switches don't work (remote entry transmitter works
fine).

They reprogrammed the truck as per the TSB below. It VASTLY improved the
smoothness and quietness of the engine. I'm a lot more inclined to let the
revs climb now that it doesn't sound so bad. Now, this is the truck I test
drove.

It did NOT fix the idle drop when the clutch is pressed in and you are
coasting to a stop (or the idle variation when you are stopped).

They couldn't hear the noise in the suspension (it was raining and snowing
all day they had it), and they had to order parts for the door locks.
They've ordered a Central Timer Module (CTM) to fix this problem. Glad it's
under warranty cause it's $369 CDN.