Re: V6 MPG Tests

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 10:06:54 EST

Hey all, anyone interested in seeing some mpg test results? With my Quick
D's coming (soon?) I will be conducting some tests to see how these mods
play out. Right now I am thinking of the following tests - 100 mile
interstate at 70-75 mph, 60 mile rural road at 55-60 mph and a 1/4 mile time
on a back road nearby.
This would be three tests each with the following mods - stock (or nearly),
w/soft tonneau, tonneau plusQD intake, tonneau plus QDTB, tonneau plus
TB&intake, all plus Jet 2 chip.
A total of 18 tests over some few weeks. I would like to add a test to each
that would measure a complete tank of "typical" driving, but that would add
1-3 weeks to each test. A bit much, although if there isn't any interest in
the results I will probably do it for my own interest.
This would be in a '99 V-6 auto (your results could differ...*)
*legal disclaimer
BTW, if the DML G-tech is available, I would use it in the above tests!
Cal Hyer