Tranny Problems (wasnt the flexplate like I thought)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 15:40:40 EST

I stopped by AAMCO today, to see how my truck was doing... and see how bad
the flexplate was cracked...
I got there, and they told me it wasnt the flexplate, I checked it out,
nope, looks fine... They did have the tranny apart, and they showed me my
torque converter...
OOPS! one of the weights fell off, (thats the noise I heard), and chewed
the outside of the converter up (lotsa small dings) all out the outside, and
the other weight looked like someone shot it with a 12 guage (it was still
attached) Funny thing, the weight that came off... its not there, anywhere
inside of the housing...

I also saw my clutches and bands, they were all burnt to hell... all of the
plates had bad spots all over them, and the front band was cracked... (rear
band was still attached to the tranny)
I guess its a good thing I had them do more than just change the flex
plate... heheheh

I'll let everyone know how she does when I get her back.... I cant wait!!!
hehe

Tim Berry