Re: Re: Factory beast..??

From: mike d. (miggitymike@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 19:19:27 EST

>>this is true.. i've also got another theory. what about the grind of the
stock cam. b/c they're all done on the same lathe, but the bits or whatever
grinds it can become worn down after a few cuts, until the bit is replaced
again. giving a few cams a perfect cut, and some not so perfect.<<

this theory holds very true... it also holds true for heads and intake
manifolds. Talk to the machinist who did my heads =) took almost twice as
much off of one head to get it to equal the other. Took almost $200 of port
work to get one head to match the other STOCK!.... <sigh>
at least we didn't find a cigarette butt in the motor...

-miggity

PROJECT 13's --> slammed 88 Dakota / Magnum 360 swap in progress!!
miggitymike@fast4x4.net
http://surf.to.Project13s

"STOCK SUCKS!"