Took Delivery Today (SOMETHINGS WRONG!)

From: Nate & Brenda Johnson (nbjohnson@networld.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 22:02:36 EST

GUESS WHAT! I just took delivery of a new Dakota Sport 4x4, 5 Speed, Forest Green, Club Cab,
Sliding Rear Window, Etc... But, Here's something wierd. It came with the Dakota 4X4 badges on the
tailgate and it is indeed a 4X4 with the 31's but I'm confused! Is there a limited production model
out or something???? It's got a 5.9 R/T badge on the door and a 5.9 under the hood???? WHAT THE
HELL???? I was so freaked out I didn't DARE mention it to the salesman who seemed to be very
unknowledgeable anyway for fear that he'd say it was a special addition or something and jack up the
price on me! I don't know what to do??? I've got this thing sitting here and I'm thinking it might
be worth big bucks or something and my salesman screwed up! HELP!!!! Oh, I'm sorry I forgot one
thing... Did I mention it was a 1:18th scale die-cast? (psych, got ya'll there for a second didn't
I!) Anyway, all the above is really true, it just can't drive down the road very fast! heheheh.
This thing is very nice! High quality, the doors, tailgate, and hood opens, and it does have a 5.9
under the hood. The exhuast is even aluminum colored, cat and all! I'm VERY impressed with the
quality of the model. My ONLY problem is it doesn't exist! (5.9/4X4/RT) Oh well, she almost
perfectly matches my 1:1 scale outside! BTW - It's made by ANSON Collectibles. You can see it (and
buy one) at the following... Goto http://www.exoticar.com/pages/showroom_2.cfm then click on
[Trucks], then scroll down and hit [next 8], Then scroll down to the bottom again and there she is!
Unfortunatly the picture doesn't do it justice!
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
natedak2k@yahoo.com ; nbjohnson@networld.com
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
A.K.A. - "Dusty"