Re: AWD vs 4WD FT

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 09:00:37 EST

sedwards@SUNGARDRS.COM writes:

> Is there a difference between All Wheel Drive and 4WD full time? My friend
> says that my 4WD FT is really AWD. Does anyone know of a website that
> explains the differences, if any. Thanks.

4wd is designed for offroad, where the front tires turn slightly faster than
the rears. Definitely not for use on dry pavement, where you'd wear out your
transfer case extraordinarily fast. AWD on the other hand, is designed for
onroad use, where all the tires turn at the same speed, and a front/rear
differential is included.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8