RE: Ram Question - Oil Pressure

From: RobertE.Tucker@gunter.af.mil
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 14:52:25 EST

Classic symptom of a bad sending unit

Bob Tucker
2000 CC 4.7L
3.92 ASD
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Fm2HnqebQme4g
http://www.geocities.com/mopartuck

-----Original Message-----
From: A. S. [mailto:adakota4x4@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 1:17 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Ram Question - Oil Pressure

Ok, got a problem with the Ram my cousin and I bought for a trenching
business. The oil pressure gauge is going wacky. The pressure will drop
for no apparent reason. It started by dropping on acceleration, then
picking back up. Now it will all the sudden drop at any moment while at
cruising speeds. Been doing this for about a week. It's never knocked or
lost power. Could this just be the gauge...or perhaps faulty signal from
the sending unit? Should we take this in to have it checked or is there a
way to check it ourselves? We don't want to ruin a good engine if it's the
oil pump. Oh, the truck is a 96 Ram 2500 360 5-sp. 4x4 (80,000 miles)
Thanks
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/