Re: Ball Joints and Timing Chains

From: Greg Plassmann (gplassman@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 15:40:35 EST

I am a new '01 Dakota owner (only 300 miles!)and I
have been following the list for a few weeks. I am
concerned about some of the problematic areas
discussed here. Are Dak ball joints prone to
prematurely wearing out? Does this apply to both 4wd
and 2wd versions? How long can I expect them to last
under normal (no offroad) conditions?
 What about the timing chain/tensioner issue? Can I
expect trouble here as well, or has the factory
resolved the issue?
 Should I trade my Dak in for a Toyota before it's too
late?! ;-)
 I really like the truck so far.
 Thanks for the help!
 Greg