Re: Truck Stalling Update Part IV

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 19:37:27 EST

Glad to hear it`s been doing OK for you,Kyle.As far as
trade-in value goes,EVERYTHING appraises at $2000 when
you`re at a dealership.I have never had a vehicle to
trade in that was not worth $2000.At any dealer.Steve
P.--- Kyle Kozubal <grndak4x4@home.com> wrote:
> This is just an update on the rough idle, stumbling,
> and stalling problem I
> have/had with my truck. First off, the past 4 days
> my truck has ran simply
> awesome, seriously! It hasnt ran this good in a
> while. Not one problem with
> it stalling at all.
>
> The day before I took my truck into be
> professionally scanned, I did some
> last minute work on it. I think it may have helped,
> or atleast it would be
> nice to think it did :)
>
> I removed the battery, and took off the two side
> post terminals I use for
> accessories. I hosed down the entire battery in some
> spray I bought from
> NAPA. It comes out orangish, and turns red when it
> comes in contact with
> acidic like residue. I then cleaned the battery all
> up with some baking
> soda/water/soft scrub-brush. I cleaned all the
> terminals and put a new fresh
> coat of anti corrosion gel on the 4 posts. I then
> turned my attention to the
> distributor, putting on a new NAPA dist. cap, NAPA
> rotor, and a 'magnetic
> pickup assembly coil; which I bought from Autozone
> for $38. The magnetic
> pickup coil was extremely easy to replace, and I had
> all three parts off and
> the new ones back on within 15 minutes. I unbolted
> the computer's wiring
> harness and its connector and cleaned all the little
> contacts and metal
> prongs. I bled the puter out and connected
> everything back up. She fired up,
> and ran great, but the RPMs where still at 900,
> compared to the 600-650 she
> normally idles at. Well, a day after this, the rpms
> dropped back down to the
> usual 600 range. Odd eh?
>
> On a side note: I am planning on buying a new
> battery this weekend from
> Sam's Club. I am upset though that the newer
> versions of the Champion (4
> post) 4x4 Battery is only 1000CA/850CCA. My truck's
> current one is Champion
> (4 post) 4x4 battery is rated at 1050CA/900CCA. Oh
> well, for $45.95, I am
> just going to buy a new one. The current battery has
> been in my truck for a
> 61,000 miles, and even though it still 'works', for
> $46 I would rather know
> I wont be stranded anywhere.
>
> I also ordered a new Accel Super Coil(140021) from
> Summit, for $42. It
> should be here tomorrow or Monday the latest. The
> current Accel Super Coil
> has been in for only 35,000 miles, but I would just
> like to have a new one
> on, and to rule out an occasional rough idle my
> truck still has. I am headed
> out tonight to pick up some new Autolite plugs,
> cause the way my truck has
> ran over the past 2-3 weeks, made the current
> Autolites look like crap. For
> $7 for 6 plugs, I dont see why not to change them.
>
> So please tell all the salesmen to stop
> [...]

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.