v6 maintenance

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 10:17:30 EST

"I was told by my "buddy" at the Dodge Dealer,that i should have my
"flush
&
fill" coolant service & my serpentine belt done at 30k.

sounds like a good idea to me.I am almost at 24,000 now.
Any feelings on the Ron or Bernd ol'e buddy?"

  -Belts are normally scheduled at 60K miles, so is yours severely
cracked enough now to change
it at just 30K? I'd question the reason for replacing the belt so soon.

As far as the flush-n-fill, I'd check your owners manual. Some Dodge's
schedule that at 30K,
some at 45K, and some at 52.5K for the 1st fluid flush. If your's is
not scheduled at 30K, then I
wouldnt do it yet. If the manufacturer says it doesnt need to be done
yet, then I'd wait and spend the
money when it is due.
  Sounds like your buddy is a little anxious to get in your wallet.
Patrick