3.9L V6 5 Spd Engine stumble & backfire

From: garth (garths_talon@telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 18:42:00 EST

I factory ordered a 2000 QuadCab 4x4 V6 5 Speed last April. Everything
was going good until it started stumbling at 2400 rpm in and gear at any
speed, most noticeable when the engine is cold and under gradual
execration. The problem is still there when it is warm, but not as
noticeable. The dealer has looked at it and can find nothing wrong, they
have even hooked the co-pilot up to it and I am still waiting to hear
back from them on the results. It has now started to backfire when it is
cold, only once and usually when I have gone only a few kilometers.
(Scares the s**t out of me every time) and then won't do it again for a
few days. The dealer can't get it to do that so they say it's not there.
It always happens the same way, drive for 5-10 minutes make a quick stop
at the store. Start the truck and go again shift from first into second
gear, let the clutch out and step on the gas and BANG !!!! like a shot
gun going off. Any help to these problems would be a big