Re: rear sway bar? AND Active Suspension

From: Jason Yates (onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 16:24:25 EST

Question for you 4x4's or lifted 2wd's (Bernd)--does a beefier
front and /or rear sway bar impede off-roadability and
articulation? I assume it would to some degree, but maybe not
enough for mild wheel'n to be a concern. Just wanted to hear
from someone with the experience.

Also, has anyone seen/installed this:
http://www.activesuspension.com
I ran across the site before and forgot about it, but just saw
they had an ad on TNN during "Trucks!" and thought I'd bring it
up to the list. Looks like a product that makes good sense, but
sometimes you never know. Anyone got any feedback on this?

JY

--- bernd@texas.net wrote:

> I wouldn't call that thing a swaybar that comes with the
> Handling
> package...it's more like a coat hanger. ;)
>
> I replaced mine as well with the Helwig Bar from JC
> Whitney...about 6 months
> after I bought the truck...still works perfectly. I think it
> was right around
> $140 and it comes with all the Poly-Bushings and mounting
> hardware required.
>
> - Bernd
>
> > For the Daks that come with the Tire and Handling package,
> isn't the rear
> > sway bar mounted to the rear axle with tabs that are welded
> to the axle? To
> > put one on to a Dak without the Handling package you will
> then need to buy
> > the U bolts and bushings elsewhere. On my 98 I installed
> the rear sway bar
> > kit that is sold by JC Whitney. I can't recall the
> manufacturer of it right
> > now but if you take advantage of JC Whitney's periodic
> promotional discount
> > and free shipping offers, you can get the complete set for
> under $150. The
> > addition of the rear bar has definitely eliminated most of
> the rear body
> > sway on my 98 CC 4x2. For the front I would look into just
> replacing the
> > bushings and end links. The front bushing are available
> through
> > www.energysuspension.com. I have not seen anything on the
> end links.
> >
> > Ken