Audio Opinion question - Dester?

From: Crawdaddy (black98dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 18:06:05 EST

Well, I sold my palm pilot on ebay, so I have a little cash to spend. I want
to get a 4 channel amp, I am dead set on a kenwood. Most likely I will get
the Kac-848 since it is 50watts a channel and has hi and lo pass crossovers
for the front AND rear. I already have a kenwood eq and Kenwood HQ
speakers. Well, while looking around for the best price on one, I found out
that Kenwood now has an amp out with the same features, except 40 watts, not
50, and it has a built in 120 watt sub amp! The price is about 80bux more
than the 848. I have found the 848 for $215 and the 859 for $280ish.
depending on the dealer. Anyone ever dealt or heard anything about the new
KAC-859? I plan on getting another bazooka, just not a powered one, so
the 120watt's will be more than enough to drive a single bazooka. (had a
bad runin with a powered bazooka) The sub channel has it's own power supply
so it won't drag down the other 4 channels. Come on Dester, this is your
area of expertise! =]

I only have about 300 to spend, so I think this would be a good "core" amp.
I am not into loud music, I just want to hear it above the road and wind
when the winders are down.

Are there any other subs you can put behind the seat of RC w/o loosing leg
room.. and I mean ANY LEG room. I have to have my seat alllll the way back!

           http://members.home.net/ggaskin
                  ICQ UIN# 2325710
                   New Orleans, La
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/GgYMEmNMV9Dtw/profile.htm
  see above profile for more info on my Dak =]