Re: Re: Rear end noise

From: David Carmany (gt6416b@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 20:29:30 EST

    I wonder if they will do the right thing for me. I have a 98 with 3.55 and posi, so it looks like it does follow the trend. My problem is that I am already past the 36000 warranty. I just hope that I can persuade them. I had my clutch go out at 16000 and it was a fight to get them to cover the work. The short of it was that I was right that my master/slave cylinder was bad (told them that before the work was started) and not my cllutch. I was out the 270 I spent on the clutch but I was able to convince the agent that the work they did was similar to rewiring his whole house if a light bulb blew out.

>Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:20:38 -0800 (PST)
>From: Jason Yates <onebad4x4dak@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: Re: Rear end noise

>Ditto. I have the 3.55 with the limited slip, and I started
>getting this whirring/humming noise at cruising speed. It got
>worse to the point I could hear it at around 15 mph if I
>listened close. Anyway, took it in and got the whole rearend
>replaced at around 27K. They told me an axle bearing had
>spun/come loose in the housing. I thought this was unique to my
>truck, but sounds like Dodge had a number of failed rearends.
>Probably should have had a recall, huh? 'Course that would cost
>'em too much money, so that obviously won't happen. Bottom
>line, take it to the dealer and make 'em replace your entire
>rearend.

JY