auto trans questions

From: Wes Truck (truckmanxx@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 20:56:10 EST

Kyle I believe the you should go to the place that will rebuild your tranny
in the 1500 or lower range with the best warranty. My best friend rebuilds
trannys and he says the cost varies considering what all you have to replace
in the transmission. My father is a mechanic and has been for more than 30
years, he says to rebuild a tranny like the one in my truck (92 auto 5.2
4x4) he says will be around 1500. If you pull the tranny yourself he will
do it for 700 or 800 bucks. GOOD LUCK

Wes
92' 4x4,LE,CC,5.2
with 180,000 miles