Shocks for 2000 4.7 4x4

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 12:12:27 EST

There has got to be someone out there that has installed new shocks on their
vehicle. At 11,800 miles mine are dead. At the suggestion of list members I
would like to go with Pro Comp 9000's but they do not list a shock for the
2000's, no doubt due to the switch to rack and pinion steering. I called
them and confirmed this. I then called the Bilstein folks and they do list a
shock for the 2000's and, low and behold, it is the same P/N as the '99's and
earlier. This makes me think that the '99 and earlier Pro Comp shocks would
work just fine on the 2000's and was wondering if anybody has used the Pro
Comps with the '99 and earlier P/N on a 2000? If not what have you used?
Thoughts? Suggestions?

P.S. The indication I got from the Pro Comp folks was no great rush to
approve a shock for the 2000's. Humm?

Thanks
Andrew