Re: Oil change..My Experiences

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 13:35:19 EST

I used Mobil 1 5w30 in my 1994 Dodge Caravan(3.0 V6) for 88,000 miles
NO PROBLEMS PERIOD

Now using Mobil 1 10w30 in my 00' QC (3.9).Switched at 11,000 miles,now have
just under 24,000.

My LOF intervals are 3500 miles.

Any questions,feel free to contact me off-list

>From: Leonard Price <lprice@consultronics.com>
>To: Dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Oil change
>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:03:14 -0500
>

>I own a 1998 DAK-SLT 5.2L with 55K Miles and was thinking of changing to
>synthetic oil the next time I change my oil. There are many brands on the
>market but I was wondering what the thought was on Mobil-1 synthetic. Also
>what is the opinion on synthetic oil in the tranny. Keep in mind this
>truck is babied and never sees off road use. I am interested in efficiency
>and wearability. Thankyou in advance for all input.
>At 08:05 AM 2/13/01 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hey Cal!
> >
> >Slick 50 only has a cap-full of Teflon in it with the rest being regular
> >oil. Chances are it will not blend with your standard choice of oil. If
>you
> >are interested in using the Teflon to help with the friction, simply use
> >Fram Double-Guard oil filter. It contains no oil, but has Telfon in it.
>This
> >way as the oil is filtered, it picks up the Telfon and delivers it to the
> >engine. Do not use one of these filters but every 50,000miles! People
>have
> >tried it and the rings on the pistons can not hold the oil back so they
> >start burning oil. Their thought was if it gave me 1-1.5mpg this time,
>why
> >stop using it? They found out. Of course you could also switch to Mobil-1
> >too!
>

>Leonard A. Price
>lprice@consultronics.com
>laprice@pathcom.com
>ICQ # 144893

David Digney
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
SCWD Model Contest Chairman(South Central Wisconsin Division)
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...Magnum Power!"